I enjoyed writing the literacy narrative. I liked that I was able to choose a topic that interested me and was able to convey my thoughts and opinions on the subject. I believe this is the first time since my junior year of high school where I was able to choose a topic and write about it. Most essays since then have been about something or someone which caused me to do research. This assignment reminded me of the assignments I would get in my creative writing class in high school. Since it was my own thoughts and opinions, I found the assignment very simple and straightforward. The only hard part of the literacy narrative was trying to remember some examples that I could include in the paper.
For the most part, I felt like I completed the paper to the best of my abilities. I stated my views and attitudes towards reading and writing, I also provided examples that backed up my views. If I could add something to my essay, it would be a paragraph dedicated to how I would improve my reading and writing skills. I would go in depth on some of the things I would do to become a better reader and writer and how improving those two skills would help me in the future.
In conclusion, I would say the literacy narrative was a good first assignment. It took me a minimal amount of time to complete and I enjoyed writing it. I just wish there would be more assignments like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment