"I'm in another place, a basement place where there are lots of bright lights and clear images. This is a place I've built for myself over the years", he says.
I have never thought of reading like this. Maybe it is because reading is not something I do for enjoyment. For me, reading is something that I just do with out some process I have to follow beforehand. I am sort of confused by what he means. Does he go to his place to escape the outside world or only when he is reading or writing?
The part of his excerpt which I really found interesting is when he talked about telepathy in reading and writing. When writing about what someone is looking at, he is saying that the person is going to notice and write about the same details. Most of the time the person is going to see the same details as the other person
"Do we see the same thing? We'd have to get together and compare notes to make absolutely sure, but I think we do", he writes.
Details that one includes would be different. Some people are more simple and they would just write about the see. While some people have more sense of detail, and they would include more details when writing. It all depends on the person.
"There will be necessary variations, of course: some receivers will see a cloth which is turkey red, some will see one that's scarlet, while others may see still other shades."
The point is that people are gonna having almost the same thoughts when looking at something they see which is sort of like telepathy. This could also be the same when reading. People are gonna read the same text and most likely thing about the same things. This concept of telepathy in reading and writing is something I agree with.
No comments:
Post a Comment